Musings: Moving to America?!

I have returned! I'm still alive and healthy but barely keeping my breath from combatting the stress and low-moods and finding the motivation to continue living a more productive life. Over the past several months, I've been through some emotional rollercoasters and tough periods where I'd want to jump off a cliff, but there was something that was quite life-changing that made me open my eyes a bit more.

In the recent weeks, I was told I only had 3 months left in the UK. Because in three months I am moving to America to live with my dad. Slightly scary. For me anyway because I've never had much major changes in my life (although I did immigrate from the Philippines, but I was two so I wouldn't really count that).

Because of my introverted ways and hermit-like lifestyle, I've stayed bottled up in my own room, watching the world from a screen rather than experience it. And with approximately 10 weeks left of my time here, the world around me seemed inevitable than ever, even though I never saw my town as interesting because I've lived here and seen pretty much everything here my entire life. This became my eye opener, my motivator that pushed me to make the most of my remaining time here.

From now on, I'll finish and then follow my Before I leave Bucket-list, which will include such things as writing my first novella, skinny dipping, starting my own zine, becoming semi-fluent in french, etc. I will also [try] to share it on here, so you can follow me on my journey of living a fuller life and towards becoming a person I want to be; a more confident and socially-savvy force to be reckoned with.

Always,
Nicole ᵔᴥᵔ





+ BTW if anyone of you have a crazier idea for my bucket-list, I would LOVE to hear and perhaps try it out!!! 

4 comments

  1. Wow! That's such a huge change-- exciting but huge! You are so brave for facing it head on like you plan too- I admire your perseverance and motivation even through more challenging times-- I needed to hear that haha. But an early welcome to the USA from me! I can't wait to here about your experience moving and your impressions when you first move. I've lived in the US my whole life, so if you're worried about making American friends count me as your first, but I can't promise I'll be very close geographically haha, depending on where you're moving too ((CA??)). Good to see you back, I missed your posts!
    -Vivian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WOW thank you so much, Vivian, for your kind words and warm welcome! It will be strange moving into a place where everything will seem bigger, the cultures are different and FOOD! And yes, I'd say you're more or less one of my first American friend, and I'm moving to Florida!! Also, thank you as always for reading my blog, it means so much :D
      x Nicole ᵔᴥᵔ

      Delete
    2. I'm so honored to be your first American friend. I'm going to visit Florida this summer! If I'm near we should try to meet up? It's a big state though so who knows, but it would be fun to meet each other and maybe do a collab blog post together? And I love reading your blog :)

      Delete
    3. OMG that would be amazing! I'm still not adjusted to the American map but I think we're staying in Clermont? Idk, but I'm sure we'll find a way to meet!!! And, again, thank you so much I love yours too :D

      x Nicole ᵔᴥᵔ

      Delete

Thank you all for your lovely comments :) I will get back to most of you as soon as possible, so make sure you are checking back x

Instagram

nicole isabel. Theme by STS.