Art Collaboration with dearfutures3lf!

As part of a collaboration with my dear Filipina buddy, we decided to do portraits of each other! Leila, of dearfutures3lf.wordpress.com, had done a digital portrait of me which you can view by clicking on this link. I did a traditional watercolour, done in an illustration style I've been practicing and on which I'll do a post about it all! Hope you like it :D

For the portrait, I drew a rough outline following with rough sketches of the facial features. Afterwards, I moved on with watercolour paints starting with light greys and then gradually moving onto colours. I then refined the outline and facial features with a black gel ink pen to make it stand out more and finished with some hard shading.


Nicole ᵔᴥᵔ

4 comments

  1. I love this. Thank you for collaborating with me :)
    xo,
    Leila

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and I'm so glad we did :D

      x Nicole ᵔᴥᵔ

      Delete
  2. This is so cool! We need to do an art collab one day! Also- I love the style in that painting, and how you mixed pen with watercolor. So neat!
    -Vivian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, we definitely need to! I still need to work more on my art style, but thank you for your compliments :D

      x Nicole ᵔᴥᵔ

      Delete

Thank you all for your lovely comments :) I will get back to most of you as soon as possible, so make sure you are checking back x

Instagram

nicole isabel. Theme by STS.