Missoni Art Colour Exhibition + LOTD

To support my studies for one my A-level courses in Fashion Textiles, I took a trip to London to visit the Missoni Art Colour Exhibition at the Fashion and Textile Museum. The exhibition mainly displays Ottavio and Rosita Missoni's creative process of their textiles work as well as their fashion house, Missoni. I had a wonderful time and I was lit up by the bursts of colours everywhere, from their paintings, their textiles work and their designs!


Ottavio and Rosita Missoni's experimental abstract colour paintings



A series of films showing behind-the-scenes of Missoni.













Costruzione by Luigi Veronesi (Italy 1908-98).
Original plans of Ottavio's colour patterns.








Nina being a badass.

These photos are in the order we went in when we walked around :)

Going to this exhibition really helped me expand my knowledge and give me another perspective in the fashion industry as well as fine art. Plus, the garments and colour patterns which Ottavio produced really gave me a lot of inspiration! This is perhaps by far my favourite exhibition I've been to.

Look of the Day

For my look of the day, I chose an orange and white colour scheme and because it's London I wanted to stand out - I mean, who wouldn't?


The outfit consists of an orange, pink and white striped off-shoulder shirt dress from next, paired with a bright orange short trench coat (sorry it doesn't say where it's from) along with tan Timberlands boots. My hair's up in a bun and my makeup was really simple - brown shadow along the crease topped with black winged eyeliner and then this new lipstick from Kiko in a natural pink colour :)

Hope you enjoy and have a great weekend :D

Nicole ᵔᴥᵔ

4 comments

  1. All of the exhibits look lovely! Thank you for sharing your photos ♥
    Amy xx

    Little Moon Dragon

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not an art or fashion student, but as a girl, it sure is nice to see all those fabrics in cute colors! You look really cute on the first pic, by the way!
    xTiara
    http://awaveofvellichor.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! Who doesn't want to see those vivid colours? And thank you :D

      x Nicole ᵔᴥᵔ

      Delete

Thank you all for your lovely comments :) I will get back to most of you as soon as possible, so make sure you are checking back x

Instagram

nicole isabel. Theme by STS.