Throwback: My favourite Year 10 Designs

Since I'll be moving schools next year for Sixth Form, I decided to revive some old memories from my first year of GCSE Art. I've chosen two of my favourite designs: the stamp design for my Japanese Stamp project and my papier mache hidden mask painting on canvas from the Disguise project!



The red circle in the middle represents the giant red dot in the centre of the Japanese flag. The writing above translates to "escape to the city". The black outline in the background is the outline of Tokyo's skyline. The girl is my own representation of one of James Jean's work. Out of wonder, I'd like to know what your interpretations are for this piece and what you think the message behind it is! :D


Above is a mask papier mached on a canvas, painted black and white and collaged with petals and a flower in the eye. Again, what are your thoughts for this piece?

Let me know in the comments below or send it here!

Nicole ᵔᴥᵔ

Update

As you have probably already noticed, I have added a popup subscriber box for my new newsletter! Every week, when I publish a new post I'll be sending the Florrall Newsletter through email to keep you readers up to date with my recent blogposts! I also thought I would add something exclusive to make you feel like VIPs :D

After discovering MailChimp, I decided to give it a go! It may be extra work but I don't mind since I enjoy writing. You don't have to subscribe, but I would appreciate it if you did ᵔᴥᵔ

9 comments

  1. Those are so awesome! You are an amazing artist!

    Nabila // Hot Town Cool Girl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Nabila!!

      x Nicole ᵔᴥᵔ

      Delete
  2. I love the mask so much! It is so gorgeous- I want it for my wall. Great work on both! These are awesome.
    -Vivian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aha thank you, Vivian! I'd love to sell it but it's exam property now :c But I'll try to recreate it next time :D

      x Nicole ᵔᴥᵔ

      Delete
  3. Wow nicole! Your creations are beautiful. I really love to see arts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Hana!! I'll try to post more art related posts!

      x Nicole ᵔᴥᵔ

      Delete

Thank you all for your lovely comments :) I will get back to most of you as soon as possible, so make sure you are checking back x

Instagram

nicole isabel. Theme by STS.