Experimentation: Black and White Edition

Since I now have ended school and I have freedom, I decided to use my time to practice my skills in digital illustration. In the new update on 'Notes', you can now sketch and draw with the markers, pens and pencils. I experimented with all those tools, only using different shades of black and greys.

For some of these sketches, I used references but for the rest I just drew freestyle. Not only did I ventured with the tools and shades, but I also tried out several shapes, lines and even some calligraphy with the different tools. I might turn these into an actual project, turn it into prints perhaps and add into my portfolio but, I don't know. What do you guys think?









Some of these are a little messy, but just keep in mind that I'm only experimenting and these are all only rough sketches! Enjoy :D


Nicole ᵔᴥᵔ

10 comments

  1. I'm absolutely in love with both the "Vogue" art. You should add those into your portfolio.

    xo,
    leila

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Leila! I might plan on turning it into an actual canvas painting :D

      x Nicole ᵔᴥᵔ

      Delete
  2. These are beautiful. You're so artistic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They're all pretty cool. I think my fave was the second image. I'm also really into graphic design, so I fully support you in moving forward with your work! :)

    -T.
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Tane! I like the second one too :) And I'm very grateful for your support!!

      x Nicole ᵔᴥᵔ

      Delete
  4. Nice sketches, they're a great inspiration! (:
    Thanks for your comment on my blog!

    www.caterina-m.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Caterina! And anytime :D

      x Nicole ᵔᴥᵔ

      Delete
  5. These are so amazing and artistic Nikki! You should definitely make more of these! I really love the style ^^



    - Nina

    ReplyDelete

Thank you all for your lovely comments :) I will get back to most of you as soon as possible, so make sure you are checking back x

Instagram

nicole isabel. Theme by STS.