Barrio Fiesta 2016! | Update

In celebration of Filipino Pride in Great Britain, my family and I (including my best friend/cousin, Nina) attended the annual Barrio Fiesta 2016 in London! There, we had traditional Filipino food including Tapsilog, Adobo and since a heat wave had settled in the South East we had Halo Halo - a traditional Filipino cold dessert!





Of course, to show our pride in our nationality we had to get the Philippine flag painted on our faces!

There were also Tagalog songs and music performances from celebrities that flew here from the Philippines - such as Elmo Magdalona and Janella Salvador from the new hit teleseryes "Born for you", Robin Padilla, and famous actress Jodie Sta. Maria! There was also a performance by 4th Impact, the Filipino group who competed in Britain's got Talent last year but unfortunately we came at a later time and didn't get to see them D:





We had a lovely time and because of the nice, hot weather it really did feel like I was home :)

Hope you all have a lovely weekend!

Nicole ᵔᴥᵔ


Update

To lift the weights of drudgery, I decided it was best to stop the weekly newsletters. Multi tasking was just not my thing - it was difficult to write a post then log into my MailChimp and think of another article that's completely different but related at the same time to keep it exclusive for all my loyal readers/subscribers.

If you have submitted a poem for the competition, then I'm afraid it's cancelled :( So, I apologise if I've wasted your time. 


But I'd like to thank all the people who have taken their time to type in their email and subscribed to my newsletters! 
You guys are the real deal 😎

Post a Comment

Thank you all for your lovely comments :) I will get back to most of you as soon as possible, so make sure you are checking back x

Instagram

nicole isabel. Theme by STS.