New Poetry

Now that it's the beginning of May, before starting off the month I would like to share a little poem I wrote. Since April was the National Month of Poetry, I wanted to honor one of the oldest and the most inspiring literary arts. Due to the Spring semester's Final Exams, I hadn't had the time to write anything but here I am, on summer break, and here's a little sonnet I wrote!

My sampaguita flower is lost in the wind,
with clouds blurring the sun she cannot see,
eternally running in an endless field,
confused and flightless like a broken, blind, bee.

Like the heedless cat, blue butterflies and yellow
dahlias are monotone to her eye,
she patiently watches the sunflower grow
striving for heaven's clouds in the sky.

But subdued by nature's raincloud,
she falls torpidly in an empty abyss,
trapped in the Labyrinth, unable to get out;
desperate as desiccated lilies, the sun's hand she seeks. 

A kiss by the watchful sun, she feels relief;
but wounded by confusion, her petals begin to sink. 
- n.


Thanks for reading and I hope you enjoyed! You can look at more of my poetic works over at my portfolio: nicolespoetry.tumblr.com

4 comments

  1. This was really beautiful! So nice to see poetry on a blog :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Jenni! I'm so happy you enjoyed it <3

      Nicole x

      Delete
  2. this is so beautiful and artful- I adore the floral imagery <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Vivian! I'm glad you adore it :D

      <3 Nicole

      Delete

Thank you all for your lovely comments :) I will get back to most of you as soon as possible, so make sure you are checking back x

Instagram

nicole isabel. Theme by STS.