Make your own Cushion Foundation!

After being introduced to the magical, aesthetic, and aegyo world of Korean Beauty, I began my pursuit of their renowned idea of a product which is the cushion foundation. I bought the most popular foundations from best-known Korean brands such as Etude House and Missha, scouting them from online Asian beauty websites and Amazon and impulsively paying $10 extra for shipping just to get my hands on this item.


Because shipping is so expensive and it takes forever for the package to arrive, I've come up with a solution! Simply make your own cushion foundation!

Inspired by an Instagram K-Beauty tutorial for a cushion sunscreen, this tutorial will show you a simple and easy cushion foundation DIY for when you don't have refills - using tools and ingredients already in your makeup bag!

1. Firstly, you need a compact. In the image below, I have my trusty Precious Minerals foundation from Etude House.

Take out the compact that holds the 'cushion' by pushing it out from the bottom.



2. Extract the 'cushion' from the compact using a pair of tweezers.



3. To remove the remaining foundation from the cushions, you can soak them in a bowl of water and any soap - I used a mixture of normal water and Micellar water - and leave it overnight. 



4. After the cushions are clean from the previous foundation, take new ingredients to refill the compact. For my cushion compacts, I used:


- An oil-free moisturizer that contains SPF 35


- Rimmel London Match Perfection in 200 Soft Beige and


- Because the Match foundation is slightly too dark, I mixed it with the Rimmel London Stay Matte Mousse foundation in 103 True Ivory.

I also feel like the use of the two foundations plus a moisturizer/sunscreen added extra coverage without a drying feel to the skin like I had with most of my foundations!

5. Mix everything in the compact together. Make sure it matches your skin tone by testing it on your hand and comparing it with your neck/face. 


6. Place the cushion back in the compact and press around so the sponge absorbs the mixture. 



7. Try it out! See if it works and then place it back to its original case - and you're done! Easy, simple and you don't have to spend a dime nor wait a month for the next refill. 



The coverage is great and it's versatile and easily customizable according to your preferences! 

with
without
Let me know what you guys think! 

Post a Comment

Thank you all for your lovely comments :) I will get back to most of you as soon as possible, so make sure you are checking back x

Instagram

nicole isabel. Theme by STS.