Review: My Little Box

Because I'm earning money, I embedded this mindset where I can "do whatever I want" and "buy whatever I want" (although that would not be the case anymore because I end up being broke at the end of every month) and I wanted to try something new. So, as a fellow french student, I ended up subscribing to this cute french subscription box called "My little box".

My little box is  basically a french subscription box where they send you cute little items, whether they're beauty products or accessories or home and lifestyle items, that are part of the 'Parisian chic' style. It also comes with a monthly magazine My Little World that has contributors from illustrators and lifestyle bloggers about the 'Parisian chic'.



As you can see above, the theme of this month's box (the October box) is 'Brooklyn'. The box contains a Givenchy mascara, a My Little Beauty nail strengthener, a mini tin coffee mug with a leaf stencil (for sprinkling cocoa on top of hot chocolate or coffee), a Terry Kôhl gold eyeliner and pins to customise your clothes. 

I love the design and the cute illustrations that come with the box! It does flow with the theme of a New York 'Brooklyn' chic style, however I do not feel like it's a french box. Because it's from France, I expected the magazine and everything else to be in French (it's actually one of the reasons why I subscribed to this - so I can practice my reading for my French A-Level) but it turns out to be all in english with some french. I mean, it would be understandable since they may have english subscribers but I feel like to improve they could've given subscribers the option to receive a box either in french or english. 


I'll start off with the cosmetic products. Above includes Terry's gold Kôhl eyeliner. Honestly, this is a gorgeous colour. It's a lovely warm gold eyeliner - it's not matte or sparkly but when applied, it appears shiny but not too glittery so it's just perfect. It glides on like ice and it's a very easy application. I like to apply this eyeliner in the inner corner of my eyes as wells as the waterline to open up my eyes and bring out the colour. 

Another item is a Givenchy mascara which I'm absolutely in love with. It's probably the best mascara I've owned so far - I mean, it is Givenchy. It naturally extends my lashes and because of its slightly curvy brush it curls my lashes ever so slightly. There are sometimes too much mascara on the brush that I have to constantly brush my lashes out with a spooly but otherwise it's a wonderful product! 

Next is a nail strengthener from their in-house beauty range "My Little Beauty". It's supposed to makes your nails stronger, however I feel like it doesn't make much of an immediate difference after applying it (apart from making my fingers smell nice). To be honest, I'm not entirely sure if it actually works since my nails are always quite weak and bendy. 


These are the fashion/lifestyle items: a tin mug, accessory pins and a coffee stencil. To be honest, I don't often use a coffee stencil or accessory pins anymore. I love the tin mug - I actually use it to store my jewellery and some leftover items lying around my room (I'm a very disorganised and messy person). 

Overall, I love the whole concept of the subscription and the visual elements of it - the illustration, the design and the style. The items inside aren't bad - I love how they're all diverse and are from different companies, however some of these items are not something that I would use. I also don't like how the magazines aren't in french even though it's a french subscription box. 

Unfortunately, I have unsubscribed since the box wasn't really to my expectation but once they've improved it, I may subscribe once again since I enjoy some of the items and the monthly magazine as well as the design and illustrations. I would definitely recommend this subscription to those interested in french culture or french beauty and style. It's very inexpensive - £14.95 monthly including shipping. It is honestly so simple and easy to subscribe and you can unsubscribe anytime; I also find it's a very quick delivery - I received my first box two days early! 

I hope you find this review helpful! 

Nicole ᵔᴥᵔ

4 comments

  1. This is so cute! I love these little subscription boxes! I have one for art supplies and it's so fun to get them in the mail and get to open them up and see what surprises are in store for the month. Love this <3 :)
    -Vivian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I know right! I'm thinking of actually getting the art supplies subscription box :D

      x Nicole ᵔᴥᵔ

      Delete
  2. I haven't tried one yet. Here, it is always beauty products which are included in subscription boxes. But I am not into them. :/

    Myxilog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not just beauty products, but they also do art supplies as well as food, tea, stationery, etc. They're so cute and it's a nice feeling to get a package with all your favourite things delivered to you with a very good price :D Highly recommend them if you like surprises!

      x Nicole ᵔᴥᵔ

      Delete

Thank you all for your lovely comments :) I will get back to most of you as soon as possible, so make sure you are checking back x

Instagram

nicole isabel. Theme by STS.